Meet Our Provider
Jason Cotter, MD, FACS
Dr. Jason Cotter is a board certified general surgeon with extensive experience and proficiency in all fields of general surgery, including endoscopy. Dr. Cotter graduated summa cum laude from University of Pittsburgh with a bachelor of science degree in neuroscience. After college he earned his medical degree from Hahnemann University School of Medicine. He went on to complete his internship and residency at Allegheny University Hospitals, Allegheny General, Pittsburgh, PA, where he was also awarded the Dee Award. This award is given to the general surgery intern demonstrating exemplary knowledge and compassion in care of the surgical patient.
Upon completion of residency, he was an Attending General Surgeon at Sampson Regional Medical Center in Clinton, North Carolina, and Facility Director of the Clinton Surgical Associates Endoscopy Center. He was President of the Department of Surgery and President of the Medical Staff during his tenure at Sampson Regional Medical Center.
He resides in Bluffton with his wife and two children.
- Fellow of the American College Of Surgeons
- Certified by the American Board of Surgery
- Named one of America’s “Top Surgeons” for 2009 – 2014 by America’s Research Council
- Member American Medical Association
- South Carolina permanent Medical License
- North Carolina permanent Medical License
- Pennsylvania permanent Medical License
For information or to make an appointment, call 843-705-8919.